Open Source Framework
Awake FILE is a secure Open Source framework which enables Android and Java Desktop developers to very easily implement file uploads/downloads and remote file access through HTTP. This greatly eases the development of Android, Swing, JavaFX and SWT applications that need to upload or download files to/from a Servlet Container.
Security has been taken into account from the design stage: server side configuration allows to specify strong security rules in order to protect the files.
Awake FILE includes zero-learning APIs to access remote files, upload or download files:
RemoteFileclass has the same methods names and signatures as
RemoteFilemethod is a
File methodthat is executed on the remote host.
InputStreamand allows easy file download.
OutputStreamand allows easy file upload.
See the Code Samples.
Awake FILE is licensed through the GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL v2.1):
you can use it for free and without any constraints
in your open source projects as well as in your commercial applications.
- Compatible with Servlets 2.5+ containers.
- Supports Android, Windows, Unix/Linux and OS X on client side.
- Supports Windows, Unix/Linux and OS X on server side.
- Optimized and designed to manage heavy traffic with data streaming, stateless sessions, etc.
- Full default configuration included for easy start.
- Configuration neutral. Configuration is done through getters in Java classes using Dependency injection. This allows you to easily define your configuration strategy and implementation : ini file, XML, etc. Just use or overload any or all of the few configuration methods with your own code.
- Client/Server communications and exchanges entirely done in http or https on standard ports. (No firewall configuration required).
- Supports file chunking for upload and download: allows file transfer with no size limit.
- Supports upload/download recovery. (Restart of the transfer at the last chunk non completely transmitted.)
- Supports simultaneous sessions from client side.
- Supports files download/upload and RPC calls from Java Threads.
- Supports GUI Progress Bars for file transfers.
- Entirely coded in Java.
- Developed by Android, Swing & JavaFX developers for Android, Swing & JavaFX developers.